Performance Enhancing will be my first book, scheduled for release in early 2010. It will make the case for the integration of Knowledge Management, Learning & Development & Organisational Learning. I had originally conceived it as simply a longer version of this article but it’s turning into more than that. It will also be the first book from Innotecture Press.
At the moment, I am interviewing people and collecting some case studies. In January next year, I’ll need readers / reviewers. If you want to be involved then please email me.
Here is the background for case studies:
Case studies should be examples of organisations using a mix of learning & development, organizational learning and/or knowledge management techniques to enhance their performance.
The case studies can be any length and they will be incorporated in the text rather than standalone chapters. I cannot offer money for them but contributors will keep copyright of their material (they’ll in effect be licensing it to me) & can do what they like with their own case study material. The main benefit for contributors will be publicity.
1. Organisational Background – Who is the organisation? When & where is being discussed?
2. Challenge – Why was the effort initiated?
3. Approach – How was the effort carried out?
4. Outcomes – So what was the result of the effort? Includes qualitative & quantitative outcomes.
5. Reflections – What worked well? What could be done differently?
Deadline: Friday January 8 2010.