Disrupt Sydney 2016 was another fascinating event. This time I was purely a tourist – not responsible for anything except taking it all in.
- Dr Karl opened with his schtick – which is superior edutainment. Lots of science stuff. Lots of pictures of his trip to the Antarctic. Robots. Pillars of salt that will save us from climate change. OK. Good morning.
- Juliet Bourke talking about the importance of diversity in collaboration. Nice frameworks. Some good research. AICD book worth a look.
- Jennifer Wilson talking about MyQuitBuddy – with comments on gamification and reinforcement.
- Arthur Shelley talking about the Organizational Zoo.
- Claire Marshall on the sharing economy.
- Kai Riemer getting all Thomas Kuhn on Clay Christensen.
- A design thinking session run by Cap Gemini.
- A final session on Blockchain, Bitcoin, Privacy, Trust, YaddaYaddaYadda – which actually tackled key issues around this much-hyped technology.
I enjoy the eccentric and exploratory vibe (yes, “vibe” is the right word here) of this event. This is the 4th one and I do hope that the DDRG will continue to make stimulating things happen.