Fast Break was at Vibewire and featured 5 of us talking about Creativity, Connection, Collaboration, Commercialisation & (drum roll please) Conversation.
Here are the notes to support the slides (which I didn’t really use):
- A key challenge to innovation is noticing. Or the willingness to be surprised.
- Conversation plays a key role here – in conversation we can allow ourselves to be surprised.
- Lovely quote from Theodore Zeldin’s book Conversation: The kind of conversation I like is one in which you are prepared to emerge a slightly different person.
- Finally, 3 suggestions to improve the process:
- Find people who are not like you to converse with. The more alien, the better.
- Listen as well as talk.
- Do something about it afterwards.